I just read my cousin Nickole's blog and it got me to thinking of the things I'm thankful for in my life.... I don't think about it often enough and I've determined that is why I'm in a bad mood so often. We're too quick to forget the ways we've been blessed and too hasty to remember the bad or inconvenient things that happen to us...
I'm thankful for my mom and dad. They've always been 100% supportive of me, no matter how immature, emotional, dramatic, crazy, angry (the list goes on and on) I'm behaving. They have stuck by me through extreme trials and struggles, whether they were self inflicted or happened by means of an outside source. My mom has been my cheerleader and closest friend when I thought I had none. My dad has been my hero, the honest soldier who is unwilling to do something to compromise his integrity, no matter how hard it may seem. I couldn't have made it through this life (or through high school for that matter) without either of them. I don't know what I'd do or who I'd be without them. I love them both more than I could ever express, even if I don't act like it very often.
I'm thankful for my sister Whitney and her husband Jon. They have had open arms, open doors and an open heart for a wayward sister during my time of need. More often than not, they've had to brave my anger and tears at struggles that I've had and they've done so with patience and understanding. I've never felt closer to them than when I went to live with them in the summer of 2004, right when I was in the middle of a personal crisis. Jon was always willing to give me a blessing for comfort and Whitney was available at all hours of the day and night to talk and listen to me cry and vent about how things were going. Thank you for everything you've done for me.....
I'm thankful for my wonderful extended family, both by marriage and blood. I have wonderful grandparents on all sides who are so kind and loving and never forget a birthday! Thanks to them I have wonderful parents and parents-in-law and I'm eternally greatful for that.
I'm thankful for my two younger brothers, even if I lose my patience with them sometimes over nothing or if I'm not a very good older sister. They are both awesome in their individual ways. I love Spencer for trying to hard to overcome a personal struggle and coming up triumphant. I think Nathan is the smartest 11 year old around and I'm so excited to see him recieve the priesthood this year! It's such a big important step in his life and he's willing to embrace it with his whold heart! You both rock my world!!
I'm most thankful for my husband. My sweet, wonderful, patient husband who is willing to put up with my crazy mood swings and still loves me despite myself. I think I've loved him for most of my life and was blessed enough to get to marry him. He's always been there for me, and is willing to help me when I'm down and can help me laugh at myself and not take myself too seriously. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't be whole without him..... I love you so much!!!
3 comments:
Beautiful banner picture! I'm glad to see you two have entered the blogging world. :)
Aw my Cass. You have such a good thankful heart. : )
Sorry I am not that good of a husby...sorry you have to wash your new clothes and get a new wallet...
: (
SWEET! Hi Cassidilla! The Blog looks a thousand times better than the last time I was on here! VERY NICE!
Post a Comment