Friday, April 4, 2008

Feeling awful....

I don't know how you are but when anything super-stressful or tragic (yes, tragic. I'm not exaggerating!) happens in my life, it literally sucks ALL of my energy out of me. Not only that but it tends to affect me in other ways as well. I lose my appetite and I have trouble sleeping or relaxing, I get (more) frequent headaches. It is not a fun way to spend time when you know you should be able to concentrate on something besides your own misery. For instance, when I broke up with my fiancee (obviously prior to dating Chris) I lost 15 lbs. in 2-3 weeks. I was an emotional wreck. March was a horrible month. My younger brother overdosed on prescription drugs and ended up in the ER. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to completely recover from that. No matter how much sleep I got, or tried to get, I was never rested. I didn't sleep well at all. I constantly woke up at night or just had a restless nights sleep. Finally, within the last week or so I've gotten back into a better sleeping habit and I've been more rested. Last night, we got some VERY tragic news from my husband's Aunt and Uncle and needless to say, I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. When I was sleeping, I kept waking up at every little noise I'd hear, and then I couldn't go back to sleep. It was horrible. I'm exhausted. My body can't take much more of this and I don't think I can without going insane. I can't concentrate on important things and I am completely unmotivated to do anything at work, home, with my family or anything like that. I need help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm kind of at my wits end at this point. Sorry, I just needed to vent about this. I'm really frustrated and this lack of sleep and rest is just starting to affect me emotionally which is not a good thing. Pray for me and pray for Chris' family and my family. We need all the help we can get.

4 comments:

Hope said...

Oh, man, Cass, that is so hard. I don't really have any advice (sorry) but I do want to say I know what it's like to be sleep deprived and it truly does affect every aspect of your life. It changes your personality and causes you to react to things in ways that you normally wouldn't. When you think about the fact that we spend at least 1/3 of our 24-Hour Day resting (or should be at least) you realize how critical it really is for our bodies and minds and souls to have that downtime to heal and recover from the previous day. The only real advice is have is that perhaps you need to seek counsel from a medical professional. Your doctor could probably give you some tips on how to calm your mind and body, preparing them for rest; and he/she could also help determine if the situation has progressed enough that maybe you need some additional help through a prescription. If that is the case, and if you feel trusting and confident in your doctor, then trust his/her advice without feeling guilty! Too many women feel guilty or like a failure if they accept help beyond their own control. I think while it is true that we need to do all we can to help ourselves, sometimes we need something additional and as long as we don't abuse that help, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with receiving that from a trusted, capable medical professional opinion.

Good luck! I will pray, for you specifically. It's important that we take care of ourselves. We have to do that before we can take care of anyone else.

Whit said...

Maybe you should get a blessing? That always helps me if anything to help rest your mind. I am so sorry that you're having such a hard time. I'll pray for you to start sleeping better. I agree with Hope too you should talk to your doctor. I love you sis, your such a good person. Your so much stronger than you realize. Beep Beep Zoom

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Wow, well whatever happened I am so sorry! Try Chammomile herb tea and read your scriptures and pray for the best is what I do, oh yeah have Chris and you time ALOT! Try a good picnic and some fun movie time. Read a book and try to keep your mind off of stress girl! Bonne chance to you and love and miss ya. We will pray for you*

Mindy K said...

Take care, Cassidy and Chris. We sure love you and hope you'll be okay. Hopefully all your love and support will give you that extra something. Sorry this is a little late, but you're in our hearts and prayers.