Saturday, September 4, 2010

P.S.

This is for someone dear to me going through an extremely rough patch. Life is going to suck for a while. Then one day, it'll suck less. And you'll wake up realizing that somethings is extremely, unbelievably funny, and you won't feel so guilty laughing about it. Sorrow and grieving is part of the mortal experience. Without it, the Savior's Atonement really wouldn't do or mean much. It doesn't mean you can't be upset, angry, sad, frustrated, confused... but part of enduring to the end means that you know that these feelings CAN be temporary if you let the Lord into your heart to help carry your burden. I can't say that I know how you must feel, having never experienced the exact situation you are in. But I've dealt with personal tragedy of my own, and I believe that is one thing that helps keep us connected as human beings. Trust in the Lord. What an amazing gift He has given us. Read Isaiah 53:3-5. "Surely He hath borne our griefs and carried our sorrows... the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed." Is there anything more hopeful than that? Knowing that whatever we're feeling our brother, Jesus Christ, felt it first, and felt it even more keenly than we, so that we would never have to know the true measure of sorrow or pain. I know these are just words, and that it's hard sometimes to apply them to your life, but trust in the Lord. No, don't just trust. Have FAITH in the Lord. That is what enduring to the end is all about. He knows we don't know everything... why else would He have sent us to earth? He knew we'd be scared and nervous and frightened. Which is why He created this incredible plan and mapped out the life we should live. Have faith. Even if you don't know what's coming, just keep that forefront in your mind. I guarantee that it will get you through every single rough patch, bad day, sleepless night, and nightmare that you will have in your life. And that is a fact that you can take to the bank.


2 comments:

karla said...

Your testimony and insight are amazing, Cassidy. Thank you for being so willing to open up and share the true feelings of your heart with others. Love you. :)

Wendy Kremin said...

Cass, not that I'm glad you have had your adversity, but I'm glad you have allowed it to polish and refine your spirit. You have a very good understanding of the Atonement. You should submit this to the New Era but leave out the word suck. :) You write very well. I love you!