Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A few words of inspiration...

We went to Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday morning. For those of you who haven't been, I'd highly recommend it. In the summer it's at 9:30 am in the Conference Center just north of Temple Square. It's non-denominational religious. It's so wonderful, full of beautiful music, and inspiring words. This week was "Love's Beautiful Music". In the program they had this quote by Dean Ornish, "The key to our survival is love. When we love someone and feel loved by them, somehow along the way our suffering subsides, our deepest wounds begin healing, our hearts start to feel safe enough to be vulnerable and to open a little wider. We begin experiencing our own emotions and the feelings of those around us."

This is the song that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang while I was reading this particular part. It was so beautiful, I couldn't help but cry. There is just something about listening to such beautiful music, and reading words that can touch you so deep inside.

No comments: