Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The silver lining...

I was reading Stephanie Nielson's blog today and a few days ago she posted the link to this talk by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. Thank you Stephanie, for reminding me of the hope the gospel brings to my life. Sometimes I just need a little pick-me-up, and her post was this weeks. I struggle so much with having faith in the Lord, and faith that things will happen on His time and that is okay. I struggle with not knowing the future, or what it will bring, and with dealing with my present trials. What I need to remember is that the Lord knows what will happen to me, He knows the path my life is taking, and He is watching out for me and keeping my needs and wants in mind. My cares are not irrelevant to Him, no matter how small they may be.

"Even if you cannot always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can, for He is the very source of the light you seek. He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed."


2 comments:

karla said...

What a wonderful quote - thank you for sharing. Love you! :)

Whit said...

I love love love reading your blog posts you should do more of them! You have such a way with words! I loved that video of Elder Holland.