During a conversation with Randell and Jamie (friends from our ward) last night we discussed our top 10 favorite movies and I decided I'd document mine for all to see.... Here ya go!
(These are in no particular order because I can't really say 1 movie is my favorite....)
1-Sense and Sensibility-One of the many Jane Austen stories I love.... my most favorite movie scene of all time is in this move. At the end of the movie, Elinor Dashwood has sort of resigned herself to living the rest of her life alone or possibly with someone she does not love, when out of no where Edward Ferrars shows up at her doorstep with a confession of the deepest love. It makes me cry every time when Emma Thompson cries and laughs at the same time. What a sweet story (Plus it reminds me of Whitney and myself in the way Elinor and Marianne Dashwood are so different but still best friends).

2-The Labrynth-Okay call me cheesy but I LOVE me some David Bowie in a puffy shirt and some stretchy pants. This is such an awesome movie and one that I've loved since I was little. I can quote most of this movie line by line and it never gets old. I don't know why I don't own it but I'm going to have to remedy that situation and soon. You remind me of the babe......

3-Funny Girl-Most people would wonder why I love this movie so much but I guess it's just because Barbara Streisand is a fantastic actor and is able to portray Fanny Price's want and need to feel accepted so well. I love when she first meets Nick Arnstein and in her head sings "Nicky Arnstein, Nicky Arnstein..... he's got polish on his nails?!" and you can just see the cogs moving in her head, wondering how a man who is "prettier" than her could possibly be interested in her. It's a wonderful, sad story of Fanny's rise to fame and the price that comes with it.

4-Singing in the Rain-First time I watched this movie was at my Grandma Kremin's house and I was hooked.... I don't think I could ever get sick of watching this move. The music is amazing and you just gotta love Donald O'Conner and his comedic timing! :) "Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh! Don't you know everyone wants to laugh!"

5-Love Actually-This is a movie with one heck of an amazing cast!! Emma Thompson tops my list of favorite actors each time I see this movie. I love how the stories entertwine and you're able to really start to care for some of the characters and the situations and stories that the go through. The music in this movie is amazing as well, it brings you into the story and keeps you mesmerized until the very end. It's a good Christmas movie, but I think it's a good movie for all year long!

6-Bedknobs and Broomsticks-This movie is such a good one from my childhood. I love the songs and the story is such a classic story. Angela Lansbury and David Thomlinson are a fantastic team in this movie and they really bring the magic to life.... Treguna Mekoides Trecorum Satis Dee (This is the spell for substitutiary locomotion in case you've never seen the movie. Ask me to sing this song for you sometime.... it's great fun!)

7-Anne of Green Gables/Anne of Avonlea-The way Anne is in most situations is the way I'd like to be. Each time I watch this movie, I learn something new in the way Anne handles things. She's feisty but always wants to leave the world and the people she meets in it better when she leaves than when she first met them. I think her way of thinking is amazing and the kindness she shows is a quality I wish to emulate in my own life. Plus, the relationship she has with Gilbert Blythe is one that I think everygirl wants to experience. Ask any of the Kremin girls, we all feel the same way about our lovely Anne, spelled with an "E".

8-Moulin Rouge-This movie is just so good, I can hardley explain it. I love the music, I love the cinemetography, I love the actors... everything is amazing! If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest it. It's part of Baz Lurhmans Red Curtain Trilogy which includes Strictly Ballroom (another fantastic film) and Romeo + Juliet (I don't like so much but... I'll give it some respect). Please.... enjoy. :)

9-Pride and Prejudice (The BBC version!)-I HATE the new version, I don't like Kiera Knightly and I think the Mr. Darcy is a weak, watered down version of who he should be. I do, however, LOVE this movie. Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy personified, he's proud, snobbish and in the end, the sweet and endearing man we all love. Jennifer Ehle is the perfect Elizabeth Bennett. She's able to bring out the obnoxious prejudice she tends to show so many people on first impressions but pulls through to show her intentions are always meant well. I think that this movie is the perfect adaption of one of literature's greatest gems. Gotta love our Jane Austen.

10-Indiana Jones movies-I know this technically counts as 4 but I love them all. okay, okay I haven't seen the 4th one yet but I know I'll love it. Indiana Jones is the one movie character I'd have a wild affair with! (Sorry honey!!) He's rugged, handsome, rough around the edges and SO tough. He's the ultimate tough mans-man. I have loved him since the first time I set eyes on him and I'm a faithful follower. If you haven't seen any or all 3 of these movies, I suggest you rent them, steal them, borrow them, buy them....whatever you need to do to see them. Trust me, it's well worth it.

11-Sabrina-I don't like the Audrey Hepburn version, she tends to get on my nerves in that movie. I think Julie Ormond is able to pull of the grace and sweetness that Sabrina needs to have and any movie with Harrison Ford is okay by me. He's amazing as Linus Laraby... the last 30 minutes of this film are the best. When Linus realizes that the emotions and turmoil he's been feeling is actually love, he becomes the sweetheart you know is locked deep inside of his cynical, "all-business" facade. He flies to Paris, putting all reservations aside, to be with the woman who could break through his tough shell. It's a beautiful love story, and one with an extremely happy ending.

12-The Nightmare Before Christmas-Behold! The genius workings from the mind of Tim Burton and Danny Elfman! The Nightmare Before Christmas is an amazing, clay-mation movie with some of the best movie music and score I've ever heard. The story is Jack the "Pumpkin King" of Halloween land is bored with year after year of scaring youngsters and olds alike and has decided he deserves a turn at putting grins on the faces of us all. He starts his own Christmas, with lots of help and singing from the residents of this crazy town, generally wreaking havoc on man-kind. I'll leave the ending a surprise for you if you haven't seen it.... which should be a crime!

I hope you've enjoyed my list of favorites.....
3 comments:
Wonderful list, my loverly! Finally my Cassafrass has made a Top Ten list. Now I don't feel so doobly dorkish.
Great movies by the way! Except I don't believe I've seen Funny Girl. I suppose I shall be seeing that upon your request soon. Maybe I shall put up MY fav movies...?
So Officially, you, me and Indiana when it's in theaters, our boys can come too, if they wanna mop up drool... sorry Chris :)
Good ol' Bedknobs and Broomsticks - that's a classic!
Post a Comment