Friday, July 16, 2010

Hello, hello, hello...

Hello... we welcome you today! So, we were called into our Bishop's office a couple weeks ago, and lo' and behold. A calling! (Go figure right?) Guess what we get to be. You'll never guess. And it's poetic justice from the Lord for all the times I said I didn't have the "mom" gene in my DNA. We are CTR 5 teachers! Yes, you guessed it! We're in primary. I was pretty shocked, but secretly SUPER glad that it wasn't Nursery. I was hoping to be put into Young Womens, or maybe a teacher for Relief Society, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. When I told* (*complained to) my mom about it, she said that it's because I've taken a step in my life. What she meant by that is that I was FINALLY (7 years later) starting to enjoy going to Relief Society, and now I can't go anymore. Bummer. Anyway, I know that we'll be blessed for fulfilling this calling to the best of our ability, but it is a struggle for me. I just have a hard time with kids. Eh, I guess we'll see. Our first Sunday went well. Only 3 kids showed up.... oh and a straggling Sunbeam who wandered into our class and wouldn't leave. They are cute little kids so I guess that's good. I couldn't spend all Sunday looking at hideous children. hehe, I'm so evil. :) Anyhoo. Ciao till later.

2 comments:

Whit said...

HaHa you make ma laugh so hard! You'll have fun teaching that age...they're crazy cute still and easy to bribe! Make a talking stick and give everyone a turn to hold it at the start. It worked great for me!!! You two will do great! Love you sis!

Rayna said...

haha, same calling as us!!! Joey hates it so much, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I tell him it's because he needs to work on his patience! Good luck! It's so fun!