In other news, I have officially survived the first week of school. I am taking:
Intro to Forensic Science
Japanese 2010
Intro to Film.
The verdict is:
I LOVE my Forensic class. I eat up EVERYTHING we learn in that class, it's completely fascinating. There are too many people who like to comment on inane subjects and make stupid comments, but my teacher is fantastic and I have a really good feeling about where it might take me (school-wise).
I am struggling in my Japanese class, but what else is new. Good news, my teacher is the same teacher I had last year, and she's great. I hope I pass, keep your fingers crossed for me.
I have yet to go to my film class, it's only on Saturday mornings and I thought it was at the Weber campus but lo, and behold, it's at the Davis campus so I missed it last weekend. I'm pretty excited for it though because I love movies, and I love critiquing things so... I'll hopefully do well.
I also started working out three days a week, I go ride the bike at the Weber gym every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. I didn't go last Saturday or today, but I'm determined to stay as on track as possible. I also do Pilates a couple times a week, with a Pilates band. It's pretty hard core, I figure it's more fun for me than lifting weights. We'll see when I start noticing a difference. I already noticed I tend to have more energy, and by default I want to eat better than I have been. It's pretty amazing how quickly your body responds to exercise.
I love this time of year. The transition between summer and fall is amazing. I love when you go outside and realize that for the first time in a few months you need a jacket in the mornings. Or when you go out in the evening and you can feel the change in the air. The air smells different, the trees and grass start changing colors, the late summer vegetables, fruit, and flowers are in abundance. As Joe Fox said in 'You've Got Mail', "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies." I agree wholeheartedly. Although, I love fall just about anywhere in the world. I love wearing sweaters, and tights, and cute jackets. I love when my cheeks get rosy from the cool air. I love Frightmares at Lagoon, and carving pumpkins, and drinking hot cocoa and cider. It's seriously my favorite time of the year.
2 comments:
I love Fall as well. I thing I don't like about it is---------------- it is TOO short! We were married in Sept and I love to go on a drive every year to see the fall colors. I love you too girl! Keep up the good work in school. OXO Colette
YAY for working out and loving at least one of your classes!!! You're definatly related to me...Fall is my favorite only I don't get to wear cute fallish clothes this year and I'll just be a big beached whale for halloween!!! I ♥ you sis can't wait to see you NEXT weekend!!!!
Post a Comment