Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thankful for so much...

December 26th marks the 5 year anniversary of the tsunami that hit Indonesia and killed nearly 250,000 people, many of whom were vacationing with their families. On TLC they aired a special tonight about that, and more than ever it made me SO thankful for the Gospel that I have been taught, and the amazing opportunity that I've had to be sealed to all the people I hold most dear in my life. I can't imagine losing anyone in my family without the knowledge that I will one day see them again. Two of the families they highlighted lost children, one their 15 year old daughter, and the other their 5 year old daughter. How horrible would it be to experience that! I'm so grateful that I can be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I imagine the world would be very bleak if I didn't have the knowledge that I do to help me get through each day and especially through any type of tragedy I've had in my life.

1 comment:

Mark and Colette said...

What would we do without the Gospel. It is the peace the world needs and we have it. I love you sis! Aunt Colette