Monday, November 23, 2009
Worst week ever....
So... I'm sure you have heard (at least if you're a friend of mine on Facebook) but for those of you who HAVEN'T heard, last week was horrid. Okay, really only three of 7 days sucked, but they sucked HARD. I got Chris tickets to Play! Video Game Symphony for our anniversary, so we were looking forward to it all month. It was last Tuesday. We both had to work and go to school all day and we went straight from school to Salt Lake for the concert. It was SO fun and we had a blast, we went to Dee's by our house afterwards for a late night breakfast. At just after midnight we got home. Chris noticed a bunch of our DVDs on the floor and asked what that was all about, I thought maybe there was an earthquake and some fell down and then noticed there were other DVDs scattered throughout our living room, which led to our gaping open living room window! Someone had broken into our house. Immediately I noticed my 2 month old laptop missing, then we noticed some other things, my digital camera with a years worth of pictures on it, our printer, a bunch of my jewelry (all of which had sentimental value). I was SO upset and scared, I was hysterical (That isn't too hard to imagine right?). We called the cops, then waited for CSI. By the time everything was done it was around 3:00 am. Then we stayed at Chris' parent's house for the night. Needless to say I only ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep that night, and had to work the next day. I work up and immediately called my insurance company to make a claim and they told us "Oh that's funny, we have record you received a quote for renter's insurance in August of 2007 but you don't actually have a policy." I was flaming mad, I told them that I DID have a policy, that I remembered having the conversation asking for renter's insurance and that was an error on THEIR end not on mine. They said they'd have to investigate whether or not we'd be covered. Then on Thursday, I was supposed to see New Moon, and I'd prepaid for tickets for me and my friend Katie to go over 4 months ago. I had class till 7 and then I left and we drove down to Salt Lake only to find out that the company who had rented the theater had oversold their tickets and so we didn't have a seat, which meant we drove all the way down for nothing! By this time, I was SO furious, I was ready to slap someone. We shopped around instead and then hit up Denny's for another late night breakfast. Dang this last week. I'm glad it's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cass, I'm so sorry! That IS a miserable week! I told you how I felt about my car, I can only imagine how much worse it would be if it was my home. Look at it this way, it can only get better, right? Put up your Christmas tree...you'll feel better! :)
Pretend I'm hugging you right now...
OHHHHHHHH NO what a horrible week, i can't imagine my home getting broken into but I hate it whenever my car gets busted into you feel so violated. Plus they took so much stuff, I would be most pissed about the camera!! I am so sorry! I have been thinking about you guys and wanted to invite you two to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on the 6th of Dec at the conference center I believe its at 7pm but I will have to check. Could you come?
Post a Comment