Sometimes I get to feeling so down about myself and things that happen (or have happened) in my life and I think to myself "Why me? Why do I have to struggle through these things?". Or so often I fall into that trap of "I'm having a fat year." or "Man. My hair sucks." I decided that I would start posting things that I'm thankful for. And not just within my life, but things about ME that I'm thankful for. Either some part of my body that I love, or something I think I do well, or something I've done that makes me proud of myself. Beyond that I am also going to do a weekly post about something that has happened in my life (whether to me directly or somewhere out there) that has made me more thankful. To start off with (because I'm feeling particularly lazy at 11:15 on a Saturday night) I love my feet.
Ok, ok... I know that's a REALLY weird thing to love. BUT I honestly love them. I think they are small, and dainty, and my toes are long and just perfectly sized.

(This picture looks retarded. Yes, I did take it with my camera phone because I didn't want to take the trek downstairs to find my real camera. Therefore, you get a retarded foot picture.) I love that my feet don't fluctuate with weight gain and loss. I have been a size 6.5-7 since I was about 12 and I'm pretty sure I'll remain around that for the rest of my life. I love buying shoes, especially shoes that show my feet off. I've been wearing this silver toe ring for about 6 years, I hope it never breaks like my last one. I love getting pedicures, because I think that having nail polish on your toes and having your feet rubbed is one of the most simple, and excellent pleasures in life. I'm glad Heavenly Father gave me good feet, that aren't crippled, or bent, or in some other way unusable, because I can't imagine not being able to walk.
There you have it folks. Just one of the things that I'm thankful for in my life. My feet.
3 comments:
Good idea, I have A LOT of those days too, mostly because my baby is 9 months old and I still don't fit into pre baby clothes! Speaking of shoes, Kye bought me the cutest ones at the mall in Provo (he didn't say which one) It's called Sole Envy... CUTE and AFFORDABLE high heels (like $25) Neat huh! Anyway I wish we lived closer so we could hang out more! Love ya girlie!
yes your feet are way cute!
Hey girlish! I love your feets, too. A good choice. : ) You're my favorite thing!
あいらびゅ
Post a Comment