Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Homesick...
I've never felt as homesick in my life as I have the past two days. Something in me is crying to get out and go back to Japan. I know I only lived there 3 years but I can't help myself. It's one of my many homes. I miss it terribly sometimes. I miss everything about it, the people, the smells, the food, the beautiful country itself. Just for a "natsukashi" thing, I decided I'd post a picture of a sight I know SO well, the Seiyu by Fussa train station in the city we lived in while we lived there. We used to ride the train alot and we'd go to this Seiyu sometimes and I still remember exactly what it looked like inside, the stairs on the left side of the store, the tall McDonalds just kitty corner from Seiyu... natsukashi na???? This picture might not mean anything to anyone but me... but it's just one of those things I remember so well from living in Japan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It means something to me too! I miss it as well!!! (I used to get my Sylvanian family stuff there.) Good times!
I totally know what you mean, not about Japan, but about Germany and the east coast. I literally crave Connecticut and NYC and I didn't live there long at all, we just visit there a lot. I crave Germany too, love it. I liked this post :)
Oh me too! I am always homesick for Japan!
Oh my goodness what a beautiful sight! I know exactly what you mean Cassidy. When Dad reads this he will probably tear up, you know how he is about Japan. Love, Mom
So I just went to your blog again and I have to say everytime I hear the word homesick without fail I start singing the song from Big Bird in japan... I'm Homesick, Homesick homesick...and then i get even more homesick we should all watch that when we are together next!
Natsukashii na~!
I used to come here all the time and spend 2000 yen at the arcades with Scott. And I always left to work at Disney from this station, and when I came home I had a habit of buyin a load of chicken nuggets from that McDonalds while I waited for my ride home : )
Hahah Sylvanian Family!
Post a Comment