Was there ever a blog title more appropriate than this one on this day? So.... it's Chris and I's (is that right?) 2 year wedding anniversary today, and I'd like to reflect on the country that brought us together, Japan. Maybe it's dumb, cheesy, lame, but honestly we both have so many connections, it's no wonder that's where we ended up meeting. My dad, and his dad both served missions there, his uncles, and a cousin served their missions there, both of our fathers served in the Air Force on Yakota AFB, and Chris served his mission there. What a wondeful place to live. I have to admit, lately I've been feeling awful natsukashi and homesick for Japan. If I could go back I would in a heartbeat. The people are so kind and helpful, they try their hardest to make you comfortable and to help you find your way. The food is, in a word, AMAZING. And what a culture, filled with so much history, so much art and music. If you ever get the chance to go, do it. You'll come back and feel as I do, that part of your heart was left behind. And in honor.....
Chris, I love you to bits. You're the most wonderful person I know, always so kind and sweet to me. I know I don't deserve you, and I'm sorry I'm not a better wife but thank you for being patient and loving me despite myself. Kokoro kara ai shiite orimasu.
3 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Did you two do anything romantic? Sorry I didn't get you called, my life is crazy somedays. I love you sissy!
Hey my Lubberly! Haven't got to comment yet...thanks so much my dearest! Be sure to read my dedication to you often. Cuz its swell!
Post a Comment