I realized today that it's been quite a while since I've graced you all with a proper update :) Things are really going pretty well. Work is super busy, but then again, when is it not? Just been working on sorting things out, I have a bunch of new clients and it's been pretty crazy. Hopefully I get the hang of things soon cause it's kinda stressful...
Music to the Maxx closed down so right now Chris is kind of between jobs (let me know if you know of a job that is flexible with school) and working part time at the new store in the Soundburst warehouse. He's been helping them get set up so that's kind of nice. We're just kind of trying to figure out where to go from here. He's about half way done with school and just keeps plugging along... good for you honey! :) Keep up the awesome work. He's on the honor roll as he is every semester. He's such a hard worker.
We're still living in the same apartment we've been living in since day one. We love our little place, although we could spend more time there then we do. It's just to convenient to spend a bunch of time at our in-laws. (sorry mom and dad, sometimes it seems like you live far far away!) Again, I'm still struggling with the time management thing, I could be a more attentive daughter :)
Went to women's conference last weekend with Whitney, my mom, and our good friend, Charlene Sylvia. She's the sweetest lady, I've known her and her family since I was a wee babe. :) They are like another set of aunt and uncles and their sons are like my cousins. Women's Conference was amazing. It was just what I needed. Church each week is great but sometimes you just need that extra little boost, you know? I came back feeling so my stronger and more resolute in my knowledge of the Gospel. We got to hear amazing speakers such as Sister Beck, our Relief Society President, Sherri Dew, even our wonderful Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. We also got to hear some amazing, uplifting music by Hilary Weeks, Kenneth Cope, Michael McLean and others. They are all so blessed with their talents. Over all, it was an amazing weekend. I really enjoyed it. I feel so incredibly blessed to have the knowledge that I do and to have such things in my life as the priesthood, an eternal family. If I couldn't be sealed to my family I don't know what I'd do. The knowledge of our eternal families is such a comfort to me, especially this last year. Chris' cousin, Brantly, committed suicide at the beginning of April and it really hit home because my brother could have lost his life earlier this year when he overdosed on drugs. The comfort that comes from knowing we'll be together forever is incomparable.
Anyway... I'm heading out... Ciao to all!
4 comments:
It closed?!? No way! I didn't even know. I'm so out of the loop. LOL Walmart has been pretty good with Joe's schedule. Maybe Chris could check that out. The pay is ok too.
Glad to hear you are swell! Loves!
Oh and I love love LOVE! Rufus!! He's the best!
Hi Cassidy, I hope you don't mind me snooping in your blog every once in awhile. I promise I'm not a stalker :) It's just so dang interesting!
Thanks for the update, especially sharing your testimony. :)
Post a Comment