I feel lately like I’ve been in this huge slump. I can’t seem to get myself out of it either! It’s getting extremely irritating. I want to get out of it and I want to get myself back on track. The funny thing is, I know I’m doing everything I should be. I’m going to church, I’m paying my tithing, I’m saying my prayers. I’m going to school, working hard, trying to do service, spending time with my family. What is going on here? I need to get myself out of this slump. Immediately. I’m glad it’s summer so I can focus on myself a little bit and stop stressing so much. I’m glad Chris is done with school, that’s just one less thing I have to worry about now. This post feels a little “rambling”, just a bit. Oh well, I have to get it off my chest somehow. You know that person, the one who can’t seem to get her head on straight and stop focusing on herself? Yeah, that’s me. Stuck, stuck, stuck. In a rut. Darn this rut.
6 comments:
Yeah I fall into those sometimes and it's so hard because you feel like you don't know what to change. I always try something new, get more sleep, exercise or just try and switch things up somehow.
I think everyone feels that way sometime, so take comfort in knowing you are not alone! Things will get better. Just keep doing the things you are supposed too, and one day when you are reading your scriptures, sitting in church, or saying your prayers... you will hear something that is just for you. Something that Heavenly Father is sending your way to remind you he is there and loves you!
Be patient with yourself and do service. When we are in a slump I truely believe that the Lord is saying come follow me. When we do it gets better. Don't beat yourself up. Look at the good and keep going! Love ya sister!! Colette
Been there, done that. One thing you didn't list on 'the things i'm doing' part is temple attendance. Tis a good rut eliminator. I find that ruts usually last for some time- I always think of it as some kind of patience test, something that the opposing 'team' is trying to make me fail or lose faith over. Once I think of it in that way things start going better. Have you read the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis? I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest that you read it. Highly. It is also a 'rut helper'. Do read...do do do.
Maybe it's because you need to have a baby! :)
I like Melanies comment! hahahah! I love you Cassidy, and want you to know that you aren't alone. We all feel this way and Elder Maxwell said that sometimes it's not because we are doing something wrong, but that the spirit is trying to nudge us to go farther in our progression. It can be a really good thing to feel dissatisfied with one's self. We usually move to a new and better place because of it.
Post a Comment