クリス カーカム が大好き。
I don't think I can ever fully explain how much my husband means to me. He has been a consistent source of strength to me since day one (well.... day one of our relationship. I don't think he really noticed I existed on day one.)
We met years ago... 17 to be precise. In a small branch on Yakota Air Force base in Fussa, Japan. Both our dads served in the Air Force at the time and for me, it was love at first sight. A 3 year age difference couldn't stand in the way of destiny. (The hubster is convinced that I was boy crazy and he wasn't my true love, but I know the truth.)
As solid proof of our meant-to-be-togetheredness (that's a word and I'm stickin' to it.), please refer to exhibit A:
As you can see, he was so obviously into me at the time, but for appearances sake he had to stick close to the kids his age (including my beautiful sis).
Oh well, gee whiz, since you asked so politely I'll just post one more from this glorious day of old.

That's me, bottom right. Come on. Who wouldn't fall for that mug?
So back to this tale of epic love, eventually all good things must come to a (temporary) end, and sadly, hub's family moved back to the states. Mine wasn't far behind, and due to fate, destiny, the magic of love... we ended up in Layton, Utah, where his family just so happened to be living.
Remember my lovely sis? The one in the 1st playground picture? She became pretty good friends with the husby during high school. They even got married. See exhibit B:

Oh you... you didn't think I was serious did you? This is MY love story, not hers. They did go to prom though, and it confuses my poor nephew to this day why Uncle Chris and mama are dressed up and holdin' hands instead of Auntie Cass.
Now onto the more serious part of the story...
After my sister and Chris graduated from highschool, my family moved to Nebraska where I was uprooted from my comfort zone and put into what I like to affectionately call it "high school hell". For real folks, I was not happy here at all. I was bullied, treated bad, and some pretty awful things happened to me. Needless to say, I made it through high school but not without my fair share of scars and baggage. I was not in a good place spiritually or emotionally, but I tried my best to hide it and move on. After a brief stint at BYU-Idaho, I moved back home, determined to get myself in order. I met a man, we got engaged (really quickly), and broke up (really quickly). For the next 7 months, I licked my wounds and attempted to heal my broken heart with a succession of one bad choice after another.
While living in New York, I decided to call Chris after a conversation with a mutual friend. I wasn't expecting anything out of it other than to talk to an old friend. When we talked, it was strange because we hadn't been very close before and it was like we had everything in common. We talked every night for the next few months. One day I realized that if I wanted to be with someone like him, I needed to make some major changes in my life. I wasn't active in church at the time and I wasn't taking care of myself. He motivated me to make these changes and so I did. I stopped making some of the choices I'd been making, I started going back to church. I wanted to be the type of girl Chris wanted to marry.
And guess what.... 2 years later, my plan paid off. We were married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake temple on 11/4/06. It was wonderful and perfect and exactly what I wanted.
And in the end, all the things I'd done, all the choices I'd made, and mistakes that had messed up my life didn't matter. Because Chris loved me with all his heart and despite anything I'd done. He accepted me and taught me the meaning of true love.
So to Chris - I love you. You are my best friend. 心から愛しております。



1 comment:
That was a sweet post Cass. I wish we could go back and redo your teenage years in Nebraska because the kids there were so rotten, but then how would you have learned all you've learned. I know you will live "happily ever after!"
Post a Comment