50 Reasons Why I Love My Mother
50. She can always find the best deals on clothes.
49. She taught me how to bargain shop.
48. She give me little gifts every now and then.
47. She made me take piano lessons.
46. She taught me that Duncan Hines makes the best brownie mix.
45. She used to french braid my hair in the morning when I asked, even up throughout high school, since I couldn't do it myself.
44. She makes my favorite foods each birthday.
43. She taught seminary to my class without complaint.
42. She let us get a dog growing up, even though she's not a pet person (but neither am I, come to think of it!)
41. She always lets me borrow her books, even if I forget to give them back.
41. She makes good deviled eggs.
40. She shows me how to get together food storage and 72 hour kits, even though I don't do it myself.
39. She taught me the importance of forgiveness.
38. She would always make me and my siblings sit on the piano bench when we fought until we apologized, which 99% of the time eventually ended in laughter.
37. She made us watch Rescue 911 when we were little so we learned how to respond in an emergency.
36. She never doubted me when I said something was wrong with me, although I'm a self diagnosed hypochondriac.
35. She has a good sense of humor.
34. She gives me good decorating ideas.
33. She always tries to get me a new box for my growing box collection.
32. She helps me learn how important family history is.
31. AF + Sunday afternoons... need I say more?
30. She gave me a love of church history.
29. She taught me to respect myself and expect others to respect me.
28. She used to sew me dresses for Easter, birthdays, baptism, etc.
27. She knows my personal style to a T.
26. She let's me vent to her whenever I need to....
25. ... and gives me good advice even when I don't ask for it. :)
24. She gave me a love of classic literature, especially Jane Austen.
23. Regardless of the things I've done, she is always there to give me a hug and tell me that it will turn out okay.
22. She came to all my choir concerts, piano recitals and dance recitals through the years.
21. No matter how old I get, I'm never too old to chat with my mom.
20. She let's me call just to tell her about random things that happen.
19. She isn't afraid to share or stand up with her standards no matter what.
18. She supports me in my many ventures (no matter hair-brained they may seem).
17. When I make mistakes, she is the first one I want to talk to.
16. She loves my husband very much.
15. She wants me to be the very best I can be.
14. I hate to disappoint her when I've done something wrong.
13. She taught me all of the primary songs and hymns.
12. Even when I've lived thousands of miles away, she still wants to know I got home at night safely.
12. She was home every day after school, even if I didn't want to talk.
11. She bought Living Scriptures movies to instill in us a love of the scriptures that she has.
10. She has been my #1 cheerleader in everything I do.
9. I've never seen her fall asleep in church... except once.
8. I look just like her and she's beautiful!
7. She gave me her awesome singing genes.
6. She's talented at singing and playing the piano.
5. She encourages me to try my hardest in what I do so I don't have regrets later.
4. She made it a point to not argue with my dad in front of us kids, so we could always see the best part of their already amazing marriage.
3. She's a good example of what a mom should be.
2. She has an amazing strong testimony of the gospel and our Savior, Jesus Christ.
1. She knows who she is, and has instilled this knowledge in me as well to keep with me the rest of my life.
Mom, I love you so much. Thank you for everything that you do for me. Happy Mother's Day.
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."- Abraham Lincoln
1 comment:
Oh Cass, that was so wonderful! Thank you so much. It just made my day because I often feel that I have been less than a "perfect" mother. You are proof that I did okay! You are one of the BEST two daughters in the whole universe. I am glad that you are mine forever. I love you so much, Muffin!
Post a Comment