Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Birt'dee Purtee

This last weekend, we all went up to Red Canyon lodge, north of Vernal. We, meaning, me mum and dad, sister and hubby, two cutie nephews, two little (okay, not little, younger) brothers, and my own dear hubby. It was a super fun weekend, filled with food, laughter, and touching moments. Well... I was touched. Friday we drove out there, and arrived around 4ish. We went to dinner, and then spent the evening visiting and just hanging out. On Saturday, the boys went shooting (what a barbaric activity!! hehe) and then we all got a family picture taken (which I can't wait to see!!!). I think they'll turn out very well! After wards, we drove down to the dam, but it wasn't doing tours anymore. (Dam tours....) So instead, we drove up to Flaming Gorge Cafe or whatever it's called, and had dinner. It was quite delish. I've never eaten there before, but it was awesome and you got a lot of food for your money. (Much better than Red Canyon Lodge, in my opinion.) Spencer got to open his presents that night, and we had cake. We also played Catch-phrase, and visited some more. My family sure likes to visit, huh Chris? On Sunday, we went back down the mountain, and ate dinner at Grandma and Grandpas. It was fabulous, as usual. But we decided to leave early as the weather was supposed to be yucky. And boy, was it yucky!! When we got to Currant Creek, we got stuck in this huge traffic jam. Two semi's, coming opposite ways of each other, jackknifed and completely covered the whole road. We had to wait about 2.5 hours until a wrecker could come and clear the road. So annoying. So we had to wait at the creepy, in-bred gas station (sorry to anyone who works there or knows the people who work there. I call it like I see it!) until that happened. The trip which should have taken only 3 hours, ended up taking 6 hours. Long drive. We were all so glad to be home again. But besides that... it was a quite wonderful weekend. Great memories were made, and bonds were strengthened. It was one of those weekends that makes you much more grateful that you were born into the family that you got, and happy to be related to your closest, dearest friends. I love you all so much, and Happy Birthday Spencer!! :) (Oh... and I'll be posting pictures this week sometime when I have time to download them from my camera!)

3 comments:

Hope said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm so glad everyone had a good time.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

FUN!!!! I am so glad you got to do that with your family. I just love you guys and am grateful you are like my second fam.xoxoxo

Steph said...

Don't you just love family time? I'm glad you could all go out to Vernal and have fun with the fam (minus the jack-knifed semis, bleh!!)