Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Well....

I survived. I had my D&C today... it wasn't as painful or scary as I thought it would be. The scariest part was the IV by far. It quite terrified me! Apparently, I asked the nurse the same question a couple times after the procedure was over, and I choked on my water (it went down the wrong pipe!), but other than that, I got through it with little to no embarrassment. I'm feeling a little crampy and still a little groggy/dizzy, but nothing too bad. I'll be back to work tomorrow and a follow up appointment in two weeks. It was a long day.... dr's appointment at 11:30, waited for the D&C from 12-2, and out of there by 3:30ish. Then Chris and I chilled at home for a bit while I rested, and then came over to the Kirkham's to celebrate Daniel's super sweet 14. I'm pooped and craving Velveeta Shells and Cheese so off Chris goes to Walmart to get me something yummy to eat... hopefully shells and cheese and lime and salt pop-karn. Well... wish us luck in the future in our attempts to multiply and replenish the earth!!

10 comments:

MM said...

cutest blog! i need your email again so i can invite you to my private blog (mindy711@hotmail.com).

I'm glad you survived and I sincerely hope you get your shells and cheese! Take CARE!

hoLLY said...

glad your okay, I ran into Chris as he was in the waiting room and I m gald you are okay!

Hope said...

That could not have been a good experience, but I'm grateful you got through it okay. You are so strong in the gospel, and it gives me relief to know that is comforting you and Chris at this time. We love you!

P.S. Anything "lime" can make any bad day better!

Steph said...

I'm glad you're doing good Cass, I've been thinkin' about ya. We need to get together soon, love ya girl!

LaFawnda said...

tishamingo fudge cake!!!!! Sounds so good, makes you feel good, smells so good, yummyyyyyy
love you sweetie

Valerie said...

Hey girl how are you (this is Whit's old roomie in case your confused on who this is ha ha ha) Any way, I wanted to say I'm sorry about your D&C, it's a really hard thing to go through :( My very first pregunancy miscarried at 10 weeks and then my body wouldn't recognize it so I had to have a D&C as well.I'm sorry, I know it's a hard thing to go through but things will perk up and get better and I'm sure everything will be great when you two start trying to multiply and replenish :) You and your hubby are super cute too! It looks like you have lots of fun together.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Way to be brave, I love you!

The Sayamas said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm sorry about everything you've had to go through lately!

Dinner the other night was lots of fun, I'm sorry you couldn't come with Chris but we need to do it again sometime! :) Feel better and take it easy!

Megan said...

This is Mary Croxford's daughter. I don't know if you remember me. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss, but glad you are getting through everything okay. We will keep your sweet little family in our prayers. :) Good luck!

Mindy K said...

Oh, cute, sweet Cassidy,

You strong, smart girl. Hang in there. We love you and pray for only the best for you; everything will come to you. Lots and lots of love.