Monday, January 21, 2008

The start of something new...

So apparently, the "new" thing to do is blogging to keep people up to date on your life so I thought I'd start. Basically, this will be the updates on what's happening with me and my wonderful husband Chris. I know it's not super interesting but if you're interested in what we're up to and how we're doing, feel free to log in and read up on our lives. He has his own seperate blog of course, which he likes to use to comment on music and movies and let everyone know his likes and dislikes. I guess I'm in charge of the "boring" stuff. :) We'll see how this all plays out.

We went to Disneyland for Christmas, we were there for a week with my parents, sister Whitney, her husband Jon and son Kael and my two younger brothers, Nathan and Spencer. It was pretty fun, but really stressful. Unfortunately for my family, I'm one who likes to have "control" in my life. (Not that I'm controlling but if I have something set in my mind, it's kind of hard to stray from that ideal.) So when things weren't going quite how I'd imagined, it really stressed me out. That is hard to do when you have 9 people, all trying to do what they want to do. But overall, it was a VERY fun trip and I'm so thankful to my parents for making it possible for us to go.

We spent New Years Eve with Chris' parents, as we have for the past 3 years, which I'm okay with because they stay up late and my parents do not. Last New Years, poor Chris has the stomach flu so missed the countdown. This year, I just sat on the couch while it counted down and didn't even pop poppers or anything. I was so worn out from the previous year. Let me tell you, 2007 was a hard year. A lot of really good things happened but it was a hard year nonetheless. It was a year of transitions as I got used to being a wife (married Nov. 2006) and I was promoted to a new position at work which demanded much more out of me than I was previously used to. Also, trying to balance time with my husband, friends, my family and his family is proving very difficult. I often feel like a neglectful daughter, we're over as his parents house more often out of convenience. It's right in the middle of the way between our jobs (we both work in Layton) and our home (we live in South Ogden) and so we end up there more often than not. I'm sure my parents don't care as much as I worry they do, but I still feel like they miss me and don't get to see me nearly as often as they'd like to. I've made a resolution this year to be a more attentive daughter this year and it's not working out too well. Old habits die hard.

Chris is in his 3rd year of college this year (He finally got his associated :) degree, HURRAY!) and so he's just taking art classes which he loves and hates a the same time due to their time consuming nature. But he's working hard as usual and I love him for it. I've been very blessed with such a wonderful husband who I really don't deserve. I don't know how I lucked out and he got such a wife.... poor kid. :) Anyway, he's going to school and working hard at his job at Music to the Maxx. I'm still working at National Fitness Financial Systems as a Client Services Account Manager... really just a fancy name for a Customer Service Representative. I've been there two years and Chris has been at Maxx for about 2.5 years. We're both oldies at our work, which helps us alot. His job is very good with his school schedule and tries to give him as many hours as possible and my job is good a paying the rent. :) We love our little apartment, although it's very difficult to keep clean and we LOVE our ward. They are so great, it's the University 1st Ward up at Weber State and it's all young married couples so it's really fun. We have a lot of friends in that ward.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and sign off to avoid boring you at all costs. Please forgive me if this isn't what you had in mind. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this and be able to post more interesting blogs in the future..... Love you all!

XOXO-Cassidy

2 comments:

I am Chree-uz. said...

Hey my lover lubby! I like your bloggish! Sorry you get stressed out. Don't worry, you are a great daughter! We will make more of an effort to see your fam more often ok? I love you lubber!

Steph said...

Cassidiller you are the best!! I love your new blog and loved reading about your holidays, I totally know what you mean! When we take vacations with my family, I totally want to have a plan and everything but I feel like when we get out there everything's not I guess "planned" as much as I would like, you get the jist.. Anywho, I know we always say this, but hello!? We need to get together!! Let's have a game night!!